A pandemic like COVID-19 is bad news overall and my deepest sympathies for those who are suffering from it and my heartiest condolences for those who have lost loved ones. These are tough times and I hope everyone is doing their part and observing social distancing.
Along with the closure of all non-essential businesses, on 23rd March Prime Minister Boris Johnson had also cancelled all ceremonies including weddings.
My heart really goes out for the brides who had worked hard to prepare themselves for their big day and now must be feeling disappointed and disheartened.
As a professional beauty therapist, I would advise you not to give up and take this time of isolation as an opportunity to keep working on yourselves and keep nourishing your skin so when the big day eventually comes, your skin is at the best point of radiance and you look the best.
Here is a Quarantine Routine that I prescribe and the one I am following myself:
- Avoid wearing makeup, Let your skin breath
- Let your hair breath too. Avoid using any hot hair tools like hair dryer/straighteners etc
- Use oiling / hair masks to make your hair healthy
- Eat green vegetables and fruits
- Drink green tea to give your immune system a boost
- Drink a glass of milk once a day (use soya milk if you prefer)
- Do at least 30 minutes of exercise every day
- Get good sleep
- Wash your bed sheets, wash your bedding it contributes towards better skin, as bacteria accumulates on your beddings
- Organise your beauty products and get rid of all the expired products
- Make a list of products you have and use them
- Wash make up brushes and sponges
- Spend quality time with your loved ones
- Have facetime parties with your friends
Night time SKIN CARE:
- Exfoliate (optional)
- Tone (optional)
- Eye cream
- Apply Night Serum, Massage it into the skin
Morning SKIN CARE:
- Wash your face
- Eye cream
- Vitamin C serum
- Day cream
- Spf if going to the garden
In my follow up posts, I will share some tips and tricks for all the above SKIN CARE and some natural remedies that you can put together by using stuff you may already have in your kitchen.
So, stay connected and Stay Beautiful….